If you’re passing HTC One X on to someone else or HTC One X has a persistent problem that cannot be solved, you can perform a factory reset (also called a hard reset or master reset).
Warning: Factory reset will permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed. Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.
Performing a factory reset from settings
1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap Settings button.
2. Tap Backup & reset.
3. Tap Reset phone.
4. If you want to permanently delete media and other data on HTC One X, tap Erase all data.
5. Tap Reset phone, and then tap OK.
Performing a factory reset using hardware buttons
If you can’t turn HTC One X on or access settings, you can still perform a factory reset by using the hardware buttons on HTC One X.
- Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.
- Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.
- Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.