Along with Samsung Galaxy S3 updated to Android 4.1.1 recently, Apple is releasing its first update to iOS 6.0.1 after official release of iOS 6 back in September. Before this update, there was news that iOS 6 cause battery drain problem on Apple product like the new iPad. The new update has just arrived with bug fixes including camera flash, passcode lock, Wifi and etc.
Here is the list of improvement and fixes in the iOS 6.0.1 update:
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air (OTA)
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across keyboard.
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off.
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wifi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances.
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
iPhone 5 users need to download “updater” in order to download iOS 6.0.1 to your device directly.