Long wait for official Jelly Bean update finally ended by today as Samsung had released this update to S3 users in Malaysia and Singapore officially. This will be the first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for international version Samsung Galaxy S3 in Malaysia and Singapore.
I believe you already know what is the new features in Jelly Bean as compared to Ice Cream Sandwich. In term of performance, you may experience smoother and faster tasking with even better stability. It is not too late to taste Jelly Bean 4.1.1 now as Jelly Bean 4.2 was officially launched yesterday. We anticipate Samsung Galaxy S3 will receive 4.2 update few month later.
For those who eager to update S3 to Jelly Bean, you may get the message below if you try to update via OTA (wireless) since the network is quite busy for now. Try to update your Samsung device with Samsung Kies.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 to Jelly Bean using Samsung Kies:
Before you start, make sure your phone is charged to at least 50%.
1. Download Samsung Kies from here.
2. Connect your S3 to computer via USB cable.
3. Samsung Kies will automatically detect new firmware available for download.
4. Click on “Update”, the picture below will be pop-up. Check the box next to “I have read all of the above information” then “start upgrade”
5. Samsung Kies will then download the firmware and prepare your device to update.
6. After download finish, Jelly Bean will be installed in your device.
7. Once it complete, your phone will be reboot automatically.
8. Now, your Samsung Galaxy S3 will be updated to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean.