We receive a lot of complaints regarding of the battery-drain issue especially for Samsung hottest product, Samsung Galaxy S3. It may explain why people tend to flash custom ROM to improve the battery capacity. But many just refuse to follow the footstep for few reason: lack of technical knowledge of flashing, unwilling to take risk. For those who dare not to flash custom ROM on their Android device, we would provide 10 effective maintenance method for cell phone battery without flashing.
How to Maintain Cell Phone Battery Health:
1. Before battery delivered, manufacturer will perform the battery’s activation as well as pre-charging the battery, so that the battery will have remained power within the battery. If the battery is charged in accordance with the time period of adjustment, the standby will still causes serious battery drain issue. Under this circumstance, users shall prolong the time period of adjustment and followed by 3-5 times of fully discharge/charge.
2. If new-bought battery is Li-ion type, first 3-5 times of prolonged charging is considered as time period of adjustment. A prolonged charging up to 14 hours should be performed in order to ensure complete activation of Li-ion battery. Li-ion battery have no memory but there is a strong inert. It should be given a full activation to achieve best performance in the future.
3. Some automatic intelligent charger will shows a signal to indicate status of charging, it normally show the signal at 90% of charging. A full charging to 100% is advisable before use.
4. Normal charging shall be performed instead of rapid charging. The charging period shall not exceed 24 hours. Battery’s internal chemicals will be “activated” to achieve the best results after 3-5 times of full charge and discharge cycles.
5. Please use the original or high reputation brand of charger. Charging Li-ion battery shall use the charger built specially for Li-ion battery, and follow the instruction in the user manual. Otherwise, it will eventually damage your battery.
6. There are many users keep their cell phone on while charging, this action will actually reduce the battery’s health. During the charging, the phone circuit board will become heated, it may cause return current while someone calls. This return current will cause damage on the phone’s internal parts.
7. The lifespan of battery depends on the frequency of charge and discharge. It should avoid of charging the phone while the phone have remaining power as it reduce the lifespan of the battery. If the phone remained off for more than 7 hours, users shall fully discharge the battery followed by 100% charging before use.
8. Cell phone battery will self-discharge even not in use. When not in use, nickel-metal hydride battery will self-discharge about 1% of the remaining capacity while Li-ion battery will discharge of 0.2% to 0.3%. While charging your cell phone, try to use dedicated socket outlet instead of sharing socket outlet with other electrical appliance.
9. Never leave your cell phone battery under extreme temperature. Avoid to put your cell phone battery in the car especially under the sun or under direct air-conditioned output. In order to avoid this situation from occurring, it is advisable to charge your cell phone battery at room temperature.
10. The lithium-ion battery must use a dedicated charger, otherwise it may not reach saturation, and impact on its performance. After charging, one should avoid placing more than 12 hours on the charger. The battery and the phone should have to be separated if not in use.