To be flank, I have been waiting for the official Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for my Samsung Galaxy S3 since few weeks ago but it seem like Samsung do not intend to release the update soon. But as for now, I may not need to wait for Jelly Bean ported on my SGS3 since XDA developer, again, has came out with a stable ASOP JB ROM, thanks to OP, Xplodwild, Teamhacksung. According to OP, this ROM is build entirely from official Google’s Jelly Bean source code and he just manage to compile a pure AOSP Jelly Bean for the Galaxy S3. In the meanwhile, he is also preparing another awesome ROM so called – SuperNexus ROM.
As follow is the system details of this ROM as well as the ROM features, the Working & Non-Working features.
1. Android version: Android 4.1.1 (JRO03H-Android-4.1.1_r3)
2. Latest CM Source Complied Kernel
3. OP has included all JB features and apps in this ROM
4. Most important – no visual changes as promised
- 1. Fully Deodexed
- 2. Zipaligned APKs
- 3. Rooted (Super SU)
- 4. BusyBox Installed
- 5. No 3rd Party App
- 6. ZERO Bloatware
- 7. Official JB Bootanimation (From Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1.1 Factory Image)
- 8. Init.d Support
- 1. WiFi – Bluetooth – NFC
- 2. HW Composer – Sensors – Audio
- 3.Data – Calls – SMS – MMS
- 4. Mostly Everything is Working
- 5. Suitable for daily use
- 1. Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken
- 2. Memory Leak
- 3. If you are trying this ROM, feel free to report it at XDA original thread.
- In order to flash custom ROM, you need to install Clockworkmod Recovery on your device. Kindly refer to my previous post on How to Flash Clockworkmod Touch Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
1. Download latest build (AOSP-JB-I9300-Build3) from XDA.
2. Download Google Apps
3. Keep both files in Zip format
4. Copy both files to your internal SD card (/sdcard)
1. Backup your data before any custom ROM flashing
2. Once completed, boot your device to Recovery by a combination of Volume Up+Home+Power buttons
3. Conduct Wipe/Factory Reset
4. Go to “Install Zip from sdcard”, choose the ROM zip file you have download previously (AOSP-JB-I9300-Build3)
5. After the installation completed, navigate to “install zip from sdcard” to flash Google Apps.
6. Go back to Recovery main menu.
7. Select reboot system now to reboot.
8. Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1.1 OS running is now presented to you.
Guide on flashing Faryaab’s 4.1.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3:
Via: XDA .