If you have been involving in flashing custom ROM activities all day long, you will already know what today’s topic is about. ClockworkMod Recovery is actually a tool for Android users to backup your current ROM, restore it when your phone is malfunctioning, flashing new-update kernel or installing different custom ROM (mostly found in XDA forums).
From previous experience in flashing CWM, you may need to utilize the physical buttons such as Volume keys and Power button. But now with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery, you can simply use the 4.8” wide screen of your SGS3 to install the official CWM Touch Recovery to your phone. XDA Recognized Developers mskip would mind to share his complete step-by-step guide to flash the official CWM Touch Recovery via Odin to Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
- A Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A Windows PC (I am using Windows 7)
- Installing Samsung Kies on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Developer’s option > USB Debugging.
- Turn off all the security software such as antivirus, firewall etc to avoid interference from such software during installation process.
- Download these necessary files for CWM installation:
a. ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (recovery-clockwork-touch-126.96.36.199-i9300.tar, 5.65 MB) (DO NOT EXTRACT THE FILE)
b. Odin3 v3.04 (Odin_v3.04_Files.zip, 468.1 kB) (Extract the file and locate Odin_v3.04.exe)
How to Flash CWM Touch Recovery:
1. First, transfer all the download file to your phone’s internal storage /sdcard
2. Then reboot your phone into Download Mode by:
a) Power off your device
b) Hold down the “Home”+”Volume Down” buttons+”Power” button in one shot for about 2 second until a WARNING! Screen appears. Then continue with pressing “Volume Up” buttons to enter Download Mode.
3. Plug in your USB cable
4. Start Odin (double click Odin_v3.04.exe)
NOTE: When Odin opens you should see that the first box at the top under ID:COM should turn blue and ‘Added’ should appear in the message box in Odin.
5. Only “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time” are ticked in Odin and nothing else
6. Follow up by clicking on the “PDA” button and navigate to recovery-clockwork-touch-188.8.131.52-i9300.tar
7. Simply click “Start” to flash CWM Touch Recovery in your phone.
Note: You should see “Pass” in the top left box will turn green upon the completion of flashing and your device will reboot.
8. Finally, your installation of CWM Touch Recovery is completed.
Once the installation is completed, you can now make a fresh backup before you flash custom ROM afterward. Making a complete backup is always the first step in any ROM-flashing process in the future. Enjoy your Samsung Galaxy S3 with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery installed.
Via: XDA Developers