How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

Posted on Jul 11 2012 - 6:43pm by rickychew

Many of us are normally purchase our Samsung Galaxy S3 via data package offered by carrier. I am currently subscribe to Starhub (One of the Singapore Carrier) and every time I turn on my web browser in S3, the homepage is preset to Starhub official webpage. It’s quite time-wasting since I will normally end up with opening Google Search page to start my work. If you are facing the same situation, I am here to teach you how to set your favourite page as your homepage.

Step to Set Up Homepage For Samsung Galaxy S3:

1. Open your default web browser

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-23-50

2. Access Your Favourite Webpage ( I don’t mind if you set Ricky Chew Dot Com as yours, Smile)

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-24-05

3. Press Menu button on your phone (left hand corner), a pop up menu will appears. Go to Settings.

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-24-17

4. Under Settings, go to General as shown in figure below:

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-24-50

5. Now, press set homepage.

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-24-58

6. If you already open your favourite webpage just now, choose current page to set homepage. You can also choose blank page every time you open the web browser.

Screenshot_2012-07-11-18-25-06

It’s done. Now, enjoy your surfing without  the need to navigate from the default, unwanted homepage.

About the Author

Ricky Chew is a tech enthusiast who love to share his knowledge with others. You may find him via Twitter and Facebook. He may not a expert in Computer but indeed a tech enthusiasm.

13 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Stonesand July 18, 2012 at 10:52 pm - Reply

Is there a button you can press to go back to the home page, when you’re on a different page? Like a standard Home button? Because I can’t find one…

• RickyChew July 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Hi Stonesand,
      Unfortunately to tell you that there is no way to go back to the home page while you open a different windows.

2. emily September 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm - Reply

I did this and every time I open music browser it goes to about.blank. what do I do??

• RickyChew September 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm - Reply

Hi emily, may i know more detail regarding your problem? What do you mean by music browser by the way?

• emily September 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm - Reply

Sorry it was supposed to be my browser. Not music browser. I set my homepage to http://www.Google.com. but when I open my browser it says about: blank. And the page is just white.

• Damon November 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm - Reply

I have the same problem. Did not Seagull a reply to this.

• emily September 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm - Reply

Sorry, it was supposed to say my browser. Not music browser. I set my homepage to Google.com. but every time I open the internet it pulls up a blank page and says about: blank at the top.

3. mdj21@hotmail.com December 19, 2012 at 9:43 am - Reply

Is there some way to lock your homepage from being changed?

4. John C March 12, 2013 at 10:22 pm - Reply

This really helped me, brief but precise, thanks!

5. Sérgio Santos March 27, 2013 at 7:55 am - Reply

Thanks for the tutorial. Will be very helpful.

6. Katie June 9, 2013 at 4:23 am - Reply

Whenever I close my internet and reopen, it goes back to google? It used to open the pages id been on before i closed it? I had to restore factory settings and now i cant get it back to how it was :-(

Leave A Response