How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

Posted on Jul 11 2012 - 6:43pm by rickychew

Many of us are normally purchase our Samsung Galaxy S3 via data package offered by carrier. I am currently subscribe to Starhub (One of the Singapore Carrier) and every time I turn on my web browser in S3, the homepage is preset to Starhub official webpage. It’s quite time-wasting since I will normally end up with opening Google Search page to start my work. If you are facing the same situation, I am here to teach you how to set your favourite page as your homepage.

Step to Set Up Homepage For Samsung Galaxy S3:

1. Open your default web browser

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 23 50 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

2. Access Your Favourite Webpage ( I don’t mind if you set Ricky Chew Dot Com as yours, wlEmoticon smile How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser)

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 24 05 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

3. Press Menu button on your phone (left hand corner), a pop up menu will appears. Go to Settings.

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 24 17 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

4. Under Settings, go to General as shown in figure below:

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 24 50 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

5. Now, press set homepage.

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 24 58 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

6. If you already open your favourite webpage just now, choose current page to set homepage. You can also choose blank page every time you open the web browser.

Screenshot 2012 07 11 18 25 06 thumb How To Set Homepage For Your Samsung Galaxy S3 Web Browser

It’s done. Now, enjoy your surfing without  the need to navigate from the default, unwanted homepage.

13 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Stonesand July 18, 2012 at 10:52 pm - Reply

Is there a button you can press to go back to the home page, when you’re on a different page? Like a standard Home button? Because I can’t find one…

• RickyChew July 19, 2012 at 7:40 pm - Reply

Hi Stonesand,
      Unfortunately to tell you that there is no way to go back to the home page while you open a different windows.

2. emily September 3, 2012 at 7:43 pm - Reply

I did this and every time I open music browser it goes to about.blank. what do I do??

• RickyChew September 3, 2012 at 10:20 pm - Reply

Hi emily, may i know more detail regarding your problem? What do you mean by music browser by the way?

• emily September 3, 2012 at 11:33 pm - Reply

Sorry it was supposed to be my browser. Not music browser. I set my homepage to http://www.Google.com. but when I open my browser it says about: blank. And the page is just white.

• Damon November 2, 2012 at 4:16 pm - Reply

I have the same problem. Did not Seagull a reply to this.

• emily September 3, 2012 at 11:36 pm - Reply

Sorry, it was supposed to say my browser. Not music browser. I set my homepage to Google.com. but every time I open the internet it pulls up a blank page and says about: blank at the top.

3. mdj21@hotmail.com December 19, 2012 at 9:43 am - Reply

Is there some way to lock your homepage from being changed?

4. John C March 12, 2013 at 10:22 pm - Reply

This really helped me, brief but precise, thanks!

5. Sérgio Santos March 27, 2013 at 7:55 am - Reply

Thanks for the tutorial. Will be very helpful.

6. Katie June 9, 2013 at 4:23 am - Reply

Whenever I close my internet and reopen, it goes back to google? It used to open the pages id been on before i closed it? I had to restore factory settings and now i cant get it back to how it was :-(

Leave A Response