Google Nexus 7 has been opened for pre-order in Google Play store and expected to ship within 2-3 weeks, mostly in end of July. What is your expectation for this Jelly Bean-running tablet from Google? For me, I will pretty sure to have this tablet once it launched in my area since the price is not that high and it is good to “play” with. It is the first tablet come with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean installed by default and it gives you a good chance to try out this amazing OS. If you really do not have detail information about Nexus 7, then you should read through the specification below before we start the root tutorial.
Google Nexus 7 Specification:
Processor: 1.3GHz Quad-Core Tegra 3
Graphic Display: 12-Coe GPU
Memory: 1GB RAM
Display: 1280×800 IPS display
Screen: 7″ inch
OS: Latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
Dimension: 198.5×120.10.45 mm
Weight: 340g, lighter than iPad & Kindle Fire
Internet Connection: Only Wifi , no 3G or 4G
External Storage: not support micro-SD
Internal Storage: 8GB ($199) or 16GB ($249)
Camera: Forward-facing 1.2 MP camera, no rear-facing camera
Complete Guide to Root Google Nexus 7:
Before starting on your root on Nexus 7, kindly make sure you have all the prerequisite fulfilled.
1. You must have sdk installed in your PC and you must be able to access or use the adb and fastboot.
2. Debugging enabled on your device
3. Download Su here.
4. Download Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM) here
1. Transfer SU zip on the /sdcard (internal storage)
2. In terminal, cd to the directory where your sdk is.
3. Type adb push path-to-zip/JB-SuperSU.zip/sdcard
Unlock Your Nexus 7 By Now:
1. cd to platform-tools
2. Reboot to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
3. Unlock your device by
fastboot oem unlock
*This will erase all the user data on the tablet, make sure you have back up everything.
Flash Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWM):
*Still inside bootloader, continue from step 3
4. Falsh CWM –
fastboot flash receovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img
5. Make CWM permanent by the following steps
a. Boot into recovery
b. Go to Mounts and Storage
d. Type in Terminal
mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
Final Step: Flash SU
1. Go back by pressing power button
2. Install the SU zip in /sdcard (internal storage)
3. Reboot and your device is now rooted safely.