Have you able to get yourself the Pebble Blue Samsung Galaxy S3 which released recently? If you already own S3 no matter what colour it is, and yet you feel something is still missing in this so-called designed-for-human smartphone, then you must be searching for this. Rooting the smartphone which actually allow you to modify your smartphone to give great performance. CyanogenMod 9 is the one of famous and high performance ROM using in kind of smartphone before S3 and receive plenty of positive feedback from users.
Now, CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds is available for Samsung Galaxy S3. However, the build is not that prefect since there is some known issues such as
- FM Radio: currently not supported, try Spirit FM from market
- Camera: using LED flash causes FCs on some phones.
- Wifi: connection issues for a few users
, could be found in this ROM. All users are reminded of this known issues and try it at your own risk. For your information, rooting your smartphone, in the other way, means that the warranty is void. Before flashing any ROM, you are advisable to read FAQs section and follows the complete instruction to avoid damage to your phone.
First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Galaxy S III, or coming from another ROM:
1. READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.p…sked_Questions
2. Make sure you’re running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery (CF-Root for example). If you’re not sure, you can follow this guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Sam…l_Update_Guide
3. Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
4. Boot into Recovery
5. Flash CM9 zip
6. Flash GApps zip
7. DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
9. Don’t restore Apps using Titanium Backup!
10. If you Wi-Fi doesn’t work, remove /data/.cid.info with a root-enabled file explorer.
Source: Xda Developers