Android latest version is still Ice Cream Sandwich but there are only few devices that fit to this platform. HTC Hd2 is still the one which attract developers’ attention to try out Android 4.0.3 on it while other devices like Nexus S can officially update to Android 4.0 through Google. After conducting survey at XDA forums, I have made up my mind to try out Android 4.0.3 on my old HTC HD2 although the ROM is still under development. Who can resist the attraction of Ice Cream Sandwich!!
How to Flash Ice Cream Sandwich to HTC HD2:
Use at least 190MB system partition and at least 2MB cache partition.
1) Use ksubedi’s HD2 NAND Toolkit to repartition
2) Download NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip and move it to your SD card.
3) Turn off your phone. Hold the red button until you are directed to Clockwork Mod main menu.
4) Go to AD Recovery –> Wipe Data
5) You need to have a clean install of Android 4.0.3. Wipe also cache partition.
6) Bear in mind to backup your data before you flash new ROM.
7) Flash Magldr: Android 4.0.3 (NexusHD2-IceCreamSandwich_Beta10.zip)
After you have successful flash Android 4.0.3 ROM, first boot up will normally take 5-10 minute. For now, there is still a beta version of ICS for HTC HD2 where you may encounter laggy condition and force close for certain apps. Take your own risk in flashing this ROM as improper flashing will brick your phone. Besides, camera is working for this version but not stable and yet video feature is still under developed.
Screenshots of Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich: